Saturday, August 12, 2006

Good Morning.

Isn't it a beautiful morning? Fresh with the promise of new beginnings, do-overs and fresh cups of Kenco coffee with extra half 'n half. I slept well last night, dreaming only briefly of exorbitant amounts of money slipping through my trembling hands. I woke early to my fully conscious toddler slapping my head with the remote control. And because I speak monkey fluently, I knew this was a request for the Wiggles movie to commence. There’s something oddly comforting about drifting in and out of consciousness while listening to four full-grown men sing about teddy bears and wombats.

This morning, while sipping my creamy mug of go-juice and poking at the newest stress pustule that has taken up residence on the very tip of my chin, I thought about things. Well, I’m always thinking about things, like the consistency of baby poo, a good sale on deli cheese or how many towels I can actually stuff into the washer before it spins out of control and blows up. But this morning I was thinking about mortgagey things, housey things and remodeley things. Instead of trying to keep this leaky dingy afloat in the sea of broken deals and other peoples’ decisions, why can’t we just take control? Why shouldn’t we just take control? It’s our goddamned house. It hasn’t sold and chances are it isn’t going to sell before the snow flies. There are materials in this house that I’m not finding in more swanky, expensive homes, like ceramic tile and hardwood floors. The view from our living room window is phenomenal; you see uncluttered mountains and rolling green hills for days. Maybe my itch for change and Bigger and Better won’t bring about the castle in the sky I’ve imagined. Perhaps I’m not seeing the potential this home can offer us; maybe I just need to take out the graph paper and put on my visionary hat. I just don’t know.

There is one constant in the mucky pond of indecision; we can’t move away. Although this narrows our housing opportunities, it does open a door of possibilities we hadn’t considered before.

Remodeling.

Daunting word, infinite potential.

My face feels like it’s melting, and due to a nervous stomach, I’m emitting the most offensive bowel bouquet ever. Zits and farts. I’m sexy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Ahhh, remodeling.

I want to. I really want to take out a huge equity loan and rip out the kitchen and baths and redo them. Oh and the deck, too.

So daydream some! Figure out what you really want, and see if it can be done!

11:24 AM  
Blogger mama said...

AND your house won't smell like ferret pee. Even better.

Daunting....yes...but impossible....never.

Besides....what would you ever do without your friendly neighbor the bear.

:)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a lot of stress. I haven't ever dealt with a mortgage loan, so no advice there, but I hope that things ease up for you guys soon.

3:19 PM  
Blogger jouettelove said...

i love your attitude. the grass isn't necessarily greener ... sounds like you have a diamond in the rough (your view description sounded awesome). GL

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home