Friday, August 11, 2006

Wouldn't it be hilarious

if, after almost six months of being on the market, our house finally sells? And how amusing would it be if we signed a broker agreement with a realtor in the Prospective New Town so we can look at five new homes? And how funny would it be if, on the day that we accept an offer, my husband’s CEO unexpectedly shoves a giant poker stuffed with hot coals and a message reading “actually, you can’t move four hours south and work from home like we’ve been telling you for almost a year, and if you do then you really don’t have a future with this company” up his butt? I can’t imagine this getting any more comical, can you? Well, deciding to continue selling our house and having only three weeks to find another one around here is still pretty funny, right? I get a fuzzy little chuckle when I think of dragging my three tired children around to look at house after house. The one that smelled like ferret piss was, by far, the funniest. I snicker even more when I think of that call we made to our realtor saying we’ve decided on the beautiful ranch located at 106 Sucker Lane, so here’s our offer. But you know what splits my sides the most? Rolling on the floor with uncontrollable gagging fits of laughter when our realtor calls us back to tell us the sale of our house just fell through. Yeah, that’s the really funny part.

Kids? To bed.

Alcohol? Down my gullet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, Jeeze, that's rough. I'm sorry. Selling/buying a house has got to be one of the most stressful things ever.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

CEO sucks. Dead toads.

That sounds just AWFUL. You haven't murdered anyone yet??

Big hugs.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Renée said...

Shockingly, I've managed not to kill or injure anybody. 8:00 pm last night our realtor calls, "hi hon, have you had a couple drink yet? Can I show the house tomorrow at 11:00?"

I feel like I'm no longer in control of my own dwelling destiny and other people are just making Very Big Decisions about my life without even considering me.

I'm just going to continue my tirade here in my comments section because I can. I have the tools to handle big change, stress and disappointment. But guess who don't? My three kids. Their lives have been met with as much, if not more, confusion over the last three days. They have to face the issue of school. They accepted a new school, then had to accept the possibility of a different new school, then were told they may stay at their current school. How anxiety provoking is THAT?

Hell, we may just get an estimate from a contractor, take the beast off the market and add the needed bedrooms and deck ourselves.

Yay, off to clean my house again.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home