Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Too many happy meal neo-pets lying around?

Looking for a new home for those three precious moments praying dolls you received at your baby shower? As you trip over seven teddy bears and nine disney princesses on your way to your daughter’s bedroom, do you often ask yourself why she has that many? Do you have beanie babies oozing out of your ears? If you answered yes to any of these questions, I have the perfect solution for you.

The following is an email from Edmay Mayers, a member of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers who is currently stationed in Iraq.

Please, please, please – I know where you can give all the stuffed animals and toys away – I am presently stationed (deployed) in Iraq. The children here love the stuffed toys – I can hardly keep up with the cost of them – I am continuously ordering more and more from Oriental Trading Company and candy for the young ones too. If there is any way at all please have any and all sent to me at the address listed below and I will ensure that the children in Iraq receive all that is sent.


Address

Please spread the word.

7 Comments:

Blogger mama said...

Fabulous idea!! I might just have a few hundred sitting in bins in the basement because tripping over them got tiring. Thanks for sharing that.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a wonderful idea!! I would love to do this, we have so many toys D doesn't play with anymore...it's amazing.

Thank you for posting this, I will definitely spread the word!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Great to know!

Can I pass this along to add into the "good things to do" for the call to action Her Bad Mother did? Or...did I miss this inthe long list. Haven't made it all the way through. I think it woudl be a great addition!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Renée said...

Please pass it on Julie!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Edmay said...

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. These precious children appreciate any and all that is given to them. God bless y'all for helping with this mission. /Edmay

1:20 AM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

COnsider it passed on! This is a great cause, and I'll add it to the list asap!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

I'm glad you wrote this up. We did so on Cool Mom Picks and I'm seeing it around the blogosphere. Your good deed for the day is done, big time.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home