Sunday, August 27, 2006

Up, up and away!























There’s something so humbling about standing beneath a hot air balloon as it slowly rises and sways toward the sky, its colorful sheath expanding and intensifying with vivid colors. The fierce blast of heat is startling, electrifying and captivating all together. Behind the din of children laughing and cameras clicking, I grabbed a moment within myself to feel the calm excitement of flight and allowed my soul to soar above the barn roofs and tall pines. My children were so happy and beautiful tonight. My husband kissed me a lot. It was as if our stumbling blocks took flight in one of those balloons, far far away from where we stood.

7 Comments:

Blogger mama said...

Your family is beautiful. Sounds like a wonderful time. Glad there was a break in the clouds. :-)

2:04 PM  
Blogger jouettelove said...

beautiful pictures, i haven't been to a balloon festival in years, but they really are a little magical. beautiful family ♥

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You do have such a beautiful family...and how fun is that??? What gorgeous pictures!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Lovely! So fun. We have one here too every year. It's awesome and the kids love it.

OT: You are the random queen today! I've hit your blog no less than three times through hitting "random" at two different blog rings. LOL

7:23 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

"It was as if our stumbling blocks took flight in one of those balloons, far far away from where we stood."

You? Are beautiful.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ms. Anita said...

I'm helping out with this: http://www.dcroe.com/2996/?p=46. Are you still planning to be a part of the tribute for Ricknauth Jaggernauth? Please leave me a comment at my other blog. Thank you.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ms. Anita said...

I asked about the tribute because I'm one of the "List Captains" mentioned in the post on d.c. roe's blog. (see link in my previous comment.)

Thanks for letting me know!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home