Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Me? Freak out?

Over a 14 inch, harmless, curiously endearing, tongue-flicking grass snake? Never. I was completely cool, calm and composed the moment my precious darlings yanked it out from the flower garden. I was 200x its size for god’s sake. I was not crouching behind a bush, failing to flinch from behind my camera lens just in case the beast might catch sight of me and slither up my pant leg and devour my brains in one gulp of an unhinged jaw. Not me. I was unruffled by the mere sight of the slinking, scaly reptile and not at all petrified that my mischievous lively children might decide to play tricksies on their lily-livered Mama that could possibly involve snakes in her hair. Not a chance.



I was only standing 400 feet away so that I could practice using the zoom function. You can never be too good at zooming I always say. I was perfectly at ease as it slunk its way around the necks, hair and arms of my children. And I would’ve totally touched it but you know me – always thinking of others. I didn’t want to take any of the experience away from their curious little hands. I’m good like that.

And I didn’t even need those two shots of tequila just to upload and post these pictures either. I just threw ‘em back because it’s Wednesday afternoon and my toddler wants to play his most favorite game for the 37th time: Scream In Mama's Ear Until Her Ears Bleed And Then Knaw On Her Shins Until She Caves And Gives Him Anything He Wants.

2 Comments:

Blogger preTzel said...

Awww, he's a cute little snake. I could have taken an upclose of it. Plus, snakes eat spiders so snakes are 100% in my book. :)

1:52 PM  
Blogger mama said...

Isn't summer great?!!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home