Sunday, April 27, 2008

How lucky for me!

Day two of my Husband’s sincere attempt at quitting smoking.

This would’ve normally been his week in the office (five hours south of home) but due to his MASSIVE head cold, EXTREME lightheadedness and confusion, and AGONIZINGLY SEVERE withdrawal symptoms, he’s decided to stay home this week and suffer right next to me.

I know, I know, tobacco addiction and withdrawal can be more powerful than that of heroin. Despite no longer being a smoker, I’ll always resist passing urges to light up and inhale. This isn’t easy for him and I’m so proud of him for trying again. And I’ll support him until he finally kicks it.

But Maine black bears are supposed to live outside, right?


That’s what I thought.


2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You guys can do it... the more time passes the easier it gets. Plus, food tastes 100% better (as evidenced by the nice ass I have gained) ;)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It is HARD, but you can do it. I know it's something that can be done though- and I won't lie, I socially smoke every so often, but I haven't had the urge to smoke as bad as I did back in last summer. I picked it up a couple of months ago for about a week and promptly stopped myself.

My advice to you is take it one day at a time. Don't look at the big picture because you'll quickly become overwhelmed.

GOOD LUCK!!!! You guys can do it!!!! :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home