Sunday, September 10, 2006

Remembering Ricknauth Jaggernauth


I’ve never met him. I don’t know anything more about him than what I’ve been able to find online. I don’t know if Ricknauth and I would have been friends, if we would have shared a laugh, shared a beer, shared an elevator or found a common ground on which to base a friendship. None of that matters to me however. On September 11th, 2001, Ricknauth Jaggernauth’s life was tragically taken by the horrific attacks of heinous terrorism as he worked to renovate offices on the 104th floor of the first World Trade Center tower.

I learned that he made his home in Brooklyn, NY, and made his livelihood as a construction worker in New York, NY. He was a husband, a father to five children and a grandfather to three children. He was remembered as a happy, loving, giving man.

If Ricknauth Jaggernauth’s body is ever recovered, his family plans to hold a traditional Hindu funeral for him, because that’s what he did for his own mother.

He has kind eyes.

Since receiving his name as my tribute, I’ve found his name and questions about his life popping in and out of my head on a daily basis. Curious how I can feel so personally involved with somebody I’ve never met and most likely wouldn’t have known about had I not signed up for the 2996 tribute.

I’m sincerely sorry for his death. I’m sure his family’s hearts are broken and re-broken every day when they tune in to the constant white noise of terrorism, needless wars, human suffering and tragedy.

May you rest in peace Mr. Jaggernauth. I remember you today and everyday following.

4 Comments:

Blogger kateandjona said...

This is a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing.

10:18 AM  
Blogger DRUMMERBOY said...

ricky, god bless you forever rest in loving peace,from your friend tony guerra

6:32 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Although I can not recall this day, it is one that still remains heavy on my heart. I visited the 911 memorial in mid-march and I experiences emotions I have never felt in my short 14 years of life. As I was reading the names of those who had lost there lives, Ricknauth's name was one that stuck in my head. I decided to look him up today in his honor to learn more about who he was. I just want to thank for writing this. Ricknauth and his family will forever be in my heart and prayers!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Dominik Eisenschmidt said...

Also went to the 911 memorial a few weeks ago, and looking through all the portraits of the perished, Rick's picture and name stood out. That guy with glasses and hat just looked like a really cool dude, so I looked him up. Just amazing how he impacts lives in one way or the other after his tragic passing. Ricknauth Jaggernauth, you're long from being forgotten!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home