Tuesday, February 14, 2006

And the winner is

the husband. Big time. I’m talking let me rub your back…here’s your favorite dinner…no you have the remote…big time. This lovey dovey smoochey day, made significant by our patron Saint Valentine, is really just another day. Although it tickles me pink to get extra loves from the children and a token of affection from the husband, I don’t think this one day defines how true the loves of my life are.

It is, however, cause for tears of joy and amazement when the husband does something so thoughtful that all laws of manhood are defied. The Gods of All Toilet Seats Left Up gently whispered into his ear and bestowed upon him the understanding of a woman’s heart.

This picture?


Was taken the moment following the words "you may kiss your bride". My heart was palpitating, my hands were trembling and the piercing gaze of his delicious brown eyes left me feeling as vulnerable and naked as a newborn baby. I promised him my life. I promised him my love. And then he kissed me.

The husband presented me with a glossy, retouched, and beautifully framed 11x14 of this picture today.

We held our baby between us and reminisced of four-poster beds, champagne with breakfast, hobbits, and helicopter rides above glaciers. In a shared deliberate pause we dreamt of our honeymoon. And we remembered. We remembered why we chose one another.

Thank You Saint Valentine.








3 Comments:

Blogger Momma Star said...

Oooh, you picked a good one. That's a great picture.

11:37 AM  
Blogger jouettelove said...

aw, how freaking sweet is that? LOVE the picture.

11:55 AM  
Blogger preTzel said...

That's so sweet! Tell Mr. Man that he gets kudos from me for that one too. :)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home